1. We’re looking for Contrarians to reinvent alternative investment opportunities…globally.
Welcome to Contrarian Technologies, Inc., a fast-growing fintech, leading the way in the world of commodities and creating a global trading platform focused on first-of-its-kind alternative asset classes. With a team across Europe and the United States, Contrarian seeks to unlock wealth in unforeseen markets. We are looking for future Contrarians to join the mission.
Contrarian’s proprietary platform converts traditional consumer products into new asset classes using commodity leverage. Real-time price discovery gives consumers and investors a platform to buy, sell, trade, store and ship instantly.
2. We’re looking for Contrarians to lead engineering efforts and grow…at lightning speed.
Contrarian builds one of the world’s most sophisticated computing and trading platforms for alternative assets with an intuitive interface, two-sided trading and competitive pricing for buyers and sellers. We have closed a $1 million seed funding round and have a successful start-up team of five with expertise in legal, engineering, data research, international relations and marketing. Many founders have created and sold previous businesses.
Contrarian’s proprietary algorithm will provide real-time data and historical information on commodities and alternative investment opportunities, transforming traditional product categories (sports ammo, wine, whiskey, watches, etc.) into all new asset classes.
3. We are looking for Contrarians who have curiosity, courage and an infinite mindset.
We believe Contrarians combine deep curiosity and boundless imagination to dare powerful things. We think the Contrarians have the courage to understand this. We believe that Contrarians believe in endless possibilities and that the story arc leans in the direction of leading and learning, growing and expanding. That’s why we are Contrarian Technologies, Inc.
THE ROLE: Head of Engineering, with the ability to grow into a CTO leadership role
We are looking for a full stack web application developer with 5+ years of experience:
- Someone who is comfortable with NodeJs, WebSockets, PostgresSQL + Sqlite
- Someone who is comfortable with Vuejs + Tailwind
- Someone who enjoys creating beautiful, high-quality user experiences
- Someone who is self-directed and can grow into a CTO leadership role
- Competitive compensation, including equity
- Fulltime; ready to start immediately
We have a senior engineer and a young product platform, so you will join our team at the right time and have a direct impact on our success. You will report directly to our CEO and work directly with our co-founder and chief product officer for the first six months. In addition, we will seek to grow our engineering team and bring you into executive leadership.
As an Engineering Manager at Contrarian Technologies, your primary daily concern is our exchange platform. Initially, we will launch with the US Ammo Exchange. We will then seek to expand into other asset classes against the tide (wine, whisky, watches, etc.). The fluctuation of sporting ammunition and the lack of availability in the United States makes this first product a unique investment opportunity and a stock market for ammunition as an asset class has never been created before.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- You will lead engineering efforts on meaningful projects and support multiple larger features and services
- Design, estimate, and implement new and refactored software services on the platform securely, reliably, and at scale
- Provide technical leadership to a team with limited guidance from engineering management or senior teammates
- Take ownership of the quality, design and implementation of software components
- Evaluate and create new product features in collaboration with the product team
- Regularly participate in the creation of the team’s roadmap and provide feedback
- Participate in code reviews and retrospectives
- Architect services and systems using well-accepted design patterns to enable iterative, self-contained development and future scaling
- Reflect on team practices and processes and regularly discuss ideas, improvements and unique ideas with our Contrarian team
At Contrarian Technologies, we believe that opposing perspectives, backgrounds and experiences create a whole that is greater than the sum of its parts. A diverse and inclusive team creates a better product.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious belief, mental disability or physical condition, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, medical condition civilian, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.