Who we are
rideOS is a wholly owned and operated subsidiary of Gopuff. We are responsible for driving innovation in the optimization of Gopuff delivery, distribution center operations and other strategic initiatives. Collectively, our goal is to accelerate Gopuff’s mission to make everyday life effortless.
As pioneers and industry leaders in the “Instant Needs” category, Gopuff is the ideal solution for the immediate daily needs of consumers, aiming to complete all deliveries within 30 minutes. Gopuff makes the delivery of groceries, home, baby & pet, and over-the-counter medications easy and affordable for everyone.
We are looking for a Simulation Engineer who is passionate about developing technologies for the next generation of transportation. You will collaborate with other engineers to design and build advanced and scalable mapping and transportation applications. You will lead the development of our in-house simulation platform, which we use to evaluate real-world customer data and test new features and optimization improvements. Since the simulation platform integrates with all of our products, you will have the chance to work with a wide range of teams.
As part of a high-growth startup, you will also have the opportunity to work closely with the company’s product managers, partners, and non-technical parts of the business. Every member of our organization plays a vital role in shaping the future of our services, our team and our culture.
What we are looking for:
- 4+ years of industry experience
- Proficient in Java or C ++
- Fundamentals of the algorithm
- Passion for mobility or new generation transport
- A strong desire to learn, collaborate and mentor
- Located or ready to come to our office in Pittsburgh
Good to have:
- Experience in writing simulations
- Experience with multi-agent systems
- Experience in game development
- Experience in the mobility, carpooling or autonomous driving industry
- Experience building high-speed services and applications
- Acquisition of a stake in a well-funded ($ 3.4 billion) fast-growing startup (Gopuff)
- Leading medical, dental and vision insurance
- Life insurance policy
- Flexible PTO – We trust employees to manage their time off, most people take about 20 vacation days per year
- Flexible work-from-home policy, especially for families or commuters
- Lunch provided 3 days a week, dinners reimbursed in the event of late work
- Tax savings from 401K, FSA
- Investment in safety – we provide transport to your doorstep when you are working late
- Investment in health and wellness – we reimburse $ 80 per month for fitness / gym memberships
- Welcome dinners and happy hours for all new team members – we appreciate and appreciate everyone who joins!
At rideOS, we attach great importance to our culture, our diversity and the well-being of our employees. We pride ourselves on maintaining our small startup momentum while enjoying the benefits and excitement of Gopuff’s overgrowth. Join us to be part of accelerating our collective mission. rideOS is an e-verified company.
Interested? Apply now.
Whether you’re just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what’s out there, the Gamasutra job board is where game developers advance in their careers.
The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving businesses of all sizes, from indie to triple A.
Looking for a new job? Start here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post job offers here.