The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
This is one of the many positions currently advertised.
Software Development Engineer, Leaftail Labs
Location: Seattle, Washington
Leaftail Labs is looking for a talented Software Engineer to help us in our quest to pioneer immersive gaming for all. We’re a small, fast-growing company, so we’re looking for software engineers who like to learn and try new things. We like to experiment with new gameplay ideas, iterating quickly to find out what works and what doesn’t. We are not afraid of making mistakes; that’s how we learn.
Software engineers are expected to:
- Draw on software development experience in mobile development, augmented reality and / or back-end service development.
- Learn new technologies quickly, so you can work in many different feature areas.
- Work independently, moving from a feature specification to a tested and deployed feature with minimal oversight.
- Fix bugs in complex systems.
- Create tools to help the team be as productive as possible.
- Share the on-call duty to ensure the smooth running of our 24/7 services.
- Make a positive influence in the workplace and help us create an office culture where everyone is excited to come to work.
- Strong working knowledge of the Unity game engine.
- Assisted in shipping products in a professional team environment.
- Be very proficient with at least one programming language, ideally C #.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
As a startup, we build quickly and learn quickly in a relaxed but focused environment. We are building a unique and intentionally diverse team obsessed with player immersion and routine. We focus on concrete and observable results: the work only counts if it is in the construction. All good ideas get attention, regardless of role or level. Individual responsibility, respect, a team-oriented attitude and a continuous effort to learn are the basis for us at Leaftail.
Being deliberate and active about our team culture is important to us and we look for teammates who share the following values:
- Be a positive force: Happy teams create better products, hands down. Each of us brings energy to the team every day. Be intentional about yours.
- Build respect and trust: Create a welcoming environment for everyone to feel heard. Some of us are âthinkersâ and some of us are âthinkersâ. Make room in the conversation for everyone.
- Be ready for change: Change is the only constant and we need a flexible team that can adapt quickly and easily. Be comfortable wearing multiple hats – there is no âit’s not my jobâ here.
- Try something new: Be prepared to try new things, try a new skill, and be comfortable with mistakes – this is the fastest way to learn.
- Be interesting: Developing our hobbies, passions and interests makes us better people and better teammates. We make this super easy by incorporating these ideals directly into our office benefits!
- Keep playing: free games. You choose them, we buy them.
- Keep reading: Free books. All the books you want: read something interesting and tell us about it!
- Keep It Together: Regular team hangouts in all Fremont rad spots (COVID security permit)
Salary: Competitive start-up salaries using an equity-traded sliding scale.
Equity: competitive start-up capital programs.
Benefits: We offer the following basic benefits to all employees in addition to our cultural benefits: medical and dental plans, 401k, and fitness plan options.
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra job site
Whether you’re just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what’s out there, the Gamasutra job board is where game developers advance in their careers.
The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving businesses of all sizes, from indie to triple A.
Looking for a new job? Start here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post job offers here.