A dynamic and versatile individual with a passion for technology is sought by a growing independent asset management company to be its next Senior Software Engineer (Data) whose primary role will be to lead the development effort of the Benchmark team Master Product. You will also be responsible for delivering Core Data products through the acquisition, ingestion, transformation and curation of data from multiple internal and external sources. The role will best suit a Full Stack Development Manager with experience in object oriented programming (C#, Java, Python – 5 years of experience), Azure cloud technologies (Data Factory Pipelines, Event Grids, Functions) and API development and management. You will also likely have experience in different industries, although previous experience in asset management, particularly with index and benchmark data, is highly advantageous. Your technical tools should also include REST and GraphQL and you should be comfortable with API constructs and have experience implementing test-driven development approach and continuous testing.
- Provide solutions in Benchmark Master Product area.
- Be practical; this is an active development role.
- Lead the growth and development of other software engineers in the data technology team, particularly in Cape Town.
- Build relationships within technology and across the enterprise through delivery.
- Work in a quick proof-of-concept style, engage stakeholders, and take a fast-paced approach.
- Multitasking – Data technology is a dynamic environment; a flexible and dynamic attitude always brings results.
- Collaborate with other engineering leads and product owners to execute IT strategy.
- Develop according to house standards; ensure that the code is clear, functional and easy to support and that the designs make sense in the wider IT domain.
- The preferred candidate will likely have an Honors degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, or Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years of active work with programming languages such as C#, Java, Python.
- Work with APIs (REST, GraphQL and equivalents).
- Knowledge of database design and ability to solve data problems using established techniques.
- Comfortable with environment programming and API builds.
- Implement an automated test-driven development approach and continuous testing.
- Experience with software engineering best practices and working in a DevOps framework.
- Flexible in working hours, including occasional weekend work, as needed for projects and maintenance.
- Strong background in technologies and methodologies used to support data-centric processes and applications, such as ETL, ELT, Data Vault (2.0), Pipelines, Data Lakes and Warehouses, etc.
- Azure experience is highly desirable as they design and develop cloud-based solutions using services such as Synapse, Event Grid, Data Factory, Spark Pools, Functions, Logic Apps, etc.
- Experience working with a variety of database technologies such as SQL, NoSQL, file storage. Additionally, knowledge of database design and ability to solve data problems using established techniques.
- Source control and automation tools like GitHub and Wherescape.
- Scrum or Kanban.
- Prior knowledge of the asset management industry, particularly as it relates to index and benchmark data processes.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, with ability to motivate other team members.
- Eager to share knowledge and coach other team members, as well as learn from them.
- Strong collaborative ethic, with ability to work in teams of cross-functional disciplines.
- Positive and flexible working attitude.
- Good time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Able to multi-task; work to tight deadlines and able to handle pressure.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Strong problem-solving ability, logical mind and calculating ability.
- Autonomous (i.e. don’t expect to be task-oriented).
Although we would really like to respond to every application, if you are not contacted for this position within 10 working days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for a job, make sure you meet the minimum job requirements. OnlySouth African citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not at the stated location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all job applications and correspondence. Please email a word copy of your CV to [Email Address Removed] and mention the reference numbers of the works. We have a job listing on [URL Removed] Datafin IT Recruitment – Jobs in Cape Town.
Find out more/Apply to this position