ENVIRONMENT: EXECUTE projects, implement and configure software while interfacing with customers to understand and meet their software needs as the next mid-level software engineer sought by a dynamic technology and software solutions provider. You will design, configure, test and support technical solution implementations for customers and assist and coach junior staff. The ideal candidate should have 2-5 years of relevant work experience, including working in a project delivery environment, strong SQL and Oracle skills, experience configuring and supporting software products, and a good understanding and experience in the software development process. You should preferably have a BSc / BEng / BCom / BA degree in a computer related course with an average of 60% and an A or B pass for Matric Maths HG. Travel is expected between Cape Town and Johannesburg [URL Removed] and configure the software according to the company’s design and specific customer requirements.
- 2 to 5 years of relevant experience.
- Strong database experience – SQL, Oracle.
- Experience configuring and supporting software products.
- Good understanding and experience of the software development process.
- Experience working in a project delivery environment.
- B.Sc, B.Eng, B.Com or BA (Socio-Informatics), Diploma with subjects related to IT as major. From one of the following universities: UCT, Stellenbosch, Wits, Pretoria, North-West (Potchefstroom campus), Free State, KZN, Nelson Mandela, Johannesburg. With above average results. The guideline is 60% on average at university.
- Matrix results – A or B for Maths HG.
- Financial Services – Experience in banking, investment or asset management.
- Experience with middleware, ETL or EAI tools.
- Integration, process automation and system / data migration.
- Definition of requirements, design, workshop facilitation, configuration of solutions, customer communication and system documentation.
- Excellent communication skills – interpersonal, written and public speaking.
- Comfortable with technology and able to explain it to others.
- Solves problems creatively and effectively
- Focused on quality.
- Able to manage his time well and manage several projects simultaneously.
- Can handle pressure at work well.
- Attention to detail as we work with sensitive data and critical business systems.
- With pedantic precision.
- Ability to communicate very well with different people – interpersonal, written and public speaking.
While we would really love to respond to every application, if you are not contacted for this position within 10 business days, please consider your application unsuccessful.COMMENTS: When applying for jobs, make sure you have the minimum requirements for the job. AloneCitizens of South Africa will be considered for this role. If you are not at the location listed for any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all job applications and correspondence. Please send a Word copy of your CV to [Email Address Removed] and mention the reference numbers of the jobs. We have a list of jobs on [URL Removed] Datafin IT Recruitment – Jobs in Cape Town.
Find out more / Apply for this position