Launch your career in space with BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we develop world-class radio and data systems. We are launching a major new space program, marrying our existing capabilities with new space technologies.
We need qualified, enthusiastic and motivated people at all levels of experience, from graduate to technical director, to deliver these exciting new capabilities. There are opportunities in all relevant technical and non-technical disciplines, both for those with experience in the space industry and for those without.
Many positions come with remote / hybrid work opportunities, working out of our Guildford and Great Baddow offices only when needed.
We will provide you with personal development, CPD including support towards professional recognition, cutting edge benefits and the opportunity to apply cutting edge technology to interesting problems with the support of our community of highly trained engineers.
Join us for this exciting opportunity to shape and deliver world-class space technologies.
What you are going to do (duties and responsibilities)
Depending on your project assignment and your level of experience, you can work on some or all of the following (experience in space is desirable but not essential as long as you want to learn):
- Design and development of high performance applications in C ++ and associated languages.
- Develop and deploy software which generally includes low level development (eg, real time software, drivers, embedded software, etc.) and requires an understanding of the underlying hardware systems.
- Manage technical tasks / projects and people
- Be involved in the delivery of products, sometimes under difficult deadlines.
- Customer-oriented technical advice
- Have a strong interest in expanding technical knowledge both in core areas of expertise and more generally.
- Work to gain the experience required to take on technical leadership roles.
- Mentoring and coaching of junior colleagues
What we are looking for (skills and experience)
We are looking for ambitious, high caliber individuals with the following characteristics:
- Highly motivated with a solid academic background generally in engineering, computer science, physics or mathematics. Doctoral candidates are also encouraged.
- Ability to produce high quality software
- Understanding of low-level IT concepts
- C ++ experience (or similar)
- Proven problem solving / troubleshooting skills
- Ability to multitask and stay organized in a dynamic work environment
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Ability to learn quickly
- A keen interest in the space sector and knowledge of the latest developments in the industry.
- Vast interest in wireless technology, embedded systems and knowledge of the latest industry developments.
- Development on and for embedded systems based on Linux
- Development experience for space applications
- Range of other development skills such as C (for embedded systems), Java, HTML5, React / Redux, Python, GDB.
- Modern software development methodologies such as Agile and Test Driven Development
- Proven track record of successfully delivering high quality software solutions
- Understanding of radiocommunication systems and concepts
Life at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We embrace hybrid work. This means that you and your colleagues can work in different locations, such as at home, in another BAE Systems office, or at a customer site, some or all of the time, and that the work can take place at different times of the day. daytime. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we are working at a distance from each other. Hybrid work allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively and improve our well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We pride ourselves on having an organizational culture where employees with diverse perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realize individual potential and organizational.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-driven knowledge to help defend governments, nations and societies against cyber attacks and financial crime. Our clients depend on our scalable capabilities to help them grow their organizations securely. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-class analysts and cutting-edge technology means we can help them adapt, evolve and stay ahead of criminals.
Division overview: capabilities
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves on being a leader in the cyber defense industry, and Capabilities is the engine that drives the business forward. It is the largest area of ââapplied intelligence, containing our engineering, consulting and project management teams who design and implement the defense solutions and digital transformation projects that make us a globally recognized brand. in the public and private sectors.
As a member of the Capabilities team, you will create and manage the solutions that earn us our place in an ever-changing digital world. We all have a role to play in defending our customers, and it is yours.