Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have consistently delivered on our promises to immigrants who send their hard-earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers around the world with Remitly and our new Passbook app to provide immigrants with access to banking services. We strive daily to deliver on our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 2,200 employees across 8 offices who grow their careers while positively impacting people around the world.
About the role:
The North America Product team strives to provide the best money transfer service in the market, from a customer’s first transfer to their 100th. We help Remitly’s North American business reach more customers, reduce friction and build trust. We oversee many of Remitly’s core customer-facing features, including the core sending experience. Our comprehensive work spans multiple platforms and products within Remitly’s technical ecosystem.
As an engineer on the team, you’ll use modern technologies to help us exceed our users’ expectations and adapt our tools to a growing global audience. We are passionate about building software the right way and providing opportunities for professional growth. We value collaboration, continuous improvement, aiming for the stars, and ownership in a joyful work environment.
You will be:
- Solve technical challenges with a customer-centric mindset.
- Guide the technical strategy of the team while leading, shipping and operating comprehensive features and systems.
- Design and implement solutions for ambiguous and difficult problems involving multiple technologies and systems.
- Drive engineering excellence by delivering well-tested, observable, documented, efficient, scalable, and resilient solutions, improving team processes, and contributing to cross-team engineering designs.
- Enhance team talent through mentorship, code review, interviewing, and nurturing new hires.
- Collaborate with other engineers, product managers, designers, and analysts to create exceptional customer experiences.
- Reports to the North American Product Engineering Manager.
- Computer science degree and 5+ years of software development experience or equivalent.
- State-of-the-art features for over a year with multiple engineers
- Experience building web or native Android or iOS apps.
- Interest in developing your full-stack development skills.
- Solid foundation in IT, web and native applications, knowledge of design patterns.
- Excellent collaborative skills.
- Unlimited paid leave
- Medical, dental and vision benefits + 401k plan with company match
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available to eligible employees
- Benefits for Continuing Education and Corridor Travel
Remitly is an equal opportunity employer. Equal employment opportunity has been and will continue to be a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to non-discrimination throughout our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined on the basis of personal abilities and qualifications without discrimination based on race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or honorably discharged veteran status, pregnancy (including a woman’s potential for pregnancy, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 years and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained guide dog or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or suspected victim of violence domestic violence, sexual assault or harassment, or any other protected category established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer
Remitly is a leading provider of digital financial services for immigrants and their families in over 170 countries around the world. Remitly helps immigrants send money home safely, reliably and transparently. Its digital native cross-border remittance application eliminates the long wait times, complexities and fees typical of traditional remittance processes. Building on its strong foundation, Remitly is expanding its product line to further its mission of transforming financial services for immigrants around the world. Founded in 2011, Remitly is headquartered in Seattle and has seven offices around the world, including London, Cork, Singapore, Manila and Managua.