Guru helps teams create and emerge the knowledge they need to do their jobs in real time. With offices in Philadelphia and San Francisco, including a team spread across the United States, Guru is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to be an integral part of our Research and Discovery team.
As a member of a cross-functional team, you will collaborate to create and evolve revenue-generating streams focused on the conversion and expansion of the team across our product surfaces by developing, implementing and deploying back-end services. , APIs and internal tools.
At Guru, your voice will be heard and respected. One of our core values ââis âLearn and Growâ as we seek to reflect on past projects and find opportunities to learn how we can better communicate and work more effectively as a team. We actively promote a healthy work-life balance, especially during the global pandemic, as we realize that life and work are more closely linked than ever.
This job is not just about how you develop yourself; it’s about how you lend your positivity and presence, combined with your skills, a dynamic environment and a highly collaborative team. Strong sense of humor required, sarcasm detection skills an asset.
As a senior software engineer, your missions will be as follows:
- Implementation of product features
- Perform due diligence to assess the feasibility of upcoming projects
- Collaborate with others to create unique solutions, review code, and sort out issues
- Solve complex problems with limited direction
- Identify technical debt repayment opportunities
- Help senior engineers mentor new engineers as our team grows
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or a related field, or equivalent training, scholarship or work experience.
- 4-6 years of professional experience building professional-grade applications, preferably in Java
- Experience with modern software development and deployment practices including unit and integration testing, continuous integration, etc.
- Experience implementing REST APIs
- Experience working with SQL and relational data
- Have a deep understanding of architectural best practices for large scale applications
- Proficient in version control systems like Git
- Strong communication skills
- Eager to work in a collaborative environment
- Ability to adapt to changing technology
Preferred but not required:
- Experience with AWS services including EC2
- Experience with Elasticsearch
- Familiarity with CircleCI
- Experience using mockery libraries like Mockito or EasyMock
Benefits for you:
- Competitive salary
- Employee incentive stock option plan
- Paid parental, family and medical leave
- Unlimited vacations
- Professional development allowance
- Welfare allowance
- Home office allowance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Thrive after five: In recognition of our long-time employees, Guru celebrates your fifth anniversary with a personal travel reimbursement of $ 10,000
- Remote benefits
- Generous set of medical benefits
- Corporate and team events sponsored by gurus, no matter where you work
Guru is a dynamic, fast-growing start-up based in Philadelphia and San Francisco. Our mission is to reinvent the way people connect with meaningful information at work. Guru’s knowledge management solution empowers customer-facing teams to access expert-verified information where they work, when they need it most. We believe in developing a welcoming and inclusive culture that encourages personal growth through working hard and having fun.
Launched in September 2015, our vision is supported by an incredible group of investors, including FirstMark Capital, Salesforce, Michael Dell, the Slack Fund, Emergence Capital, Thrive Capital and Accel. As we move into the next exciting stage of expansion, we are looking for passionate individuals to join our rapidly growing team.
This is a full-time position located at Philadelphia, San Francisco or fully remote. Relocation and / or visa sponsorship is not included in our hiring package. Applicants will need to be licensed to work in the United States.
Everyone is welcome here. At Guru, we are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity in our business, being inclusive is very important to us. Regardless of race, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identification or origin. If you have any questions about the application process or if you require accommodation, please contact: [email protected]