Mastery Logistics Systems builds the world’s first transport management system or TMS.
Our customers – the large transport companies and the shippers who need these companies – have had problems with outdated or inadequate systems. As shippers or transportation service providers, our customers have in the past been forced to use multiple systems to manage dedicated fleet operations, outsourced or outsourced transportation management, one-way trucking, brokerage full loads, LTL and Intermodal, or to sub-optimize one or more of these functions by trying to fit it into a TMS that is suitable for another function.
Mastermind TMS allows our customers to bring all of these functions together on a single platform, providing flexibility, visibility, control and efficiency. The unprecedented upheavals in today’s global supply chain underscore the importance of the transportation industry. We are building a system to make this industry work faster, smarter and more efficiently.
The challenges of this industry are great and exciting! We tackle everything from fast and efficient data entry to ingesting large amounts of data and applying AI to examining blockchain to securely digitize documents. If you are passionate about humanizing an industry, innovating automation, building for quality and scale, helping to make people’s lives easier, and touching all aspects of our economy, This is the place for you.
Mastery Logistics Systems is committed to continuing to build an amazing business. We are a masterful mosaic of amazing people. We are specialists and experienced in our respective fields. We are dedicated to continuous improvement both professionally and personally. We are a collective group of very good people. We have different interests, backgrounds and talents and we work together to create some really cool stuff! We believe in diversity of thought and are responsive and inclusive. We have deep respect for each other and work diligently to add the right people to our teams.
Right now, we are all working from home and doing our part to fight the Covid 19 virus. We are creatively building our new work habits. We respect everyone’s time and personal life. We have flexible hours but share the mission that we are building and must achieve. We offer an excellent suite of benefits. We are committed to finding new ways to add benefits when we live and work from home.
Our team has the industry knowledge and connections to make an impact, and we’re looking for experienced, thoughtful people who thrive in creating and building great products. We want people who have a real passion for serving and caring for our customers. We need people who solve problems flexibly, thrive on collaboration, and always know how to communicate their solutions well. We are small and nimble, which is evident in how quickly we could pivot to our new reality. Each team member can have a huge impact both technically and culturally. As a start-up, we are well funded, have a paying initial customer to test and launch with, and are founded by the best experts and veterans in the logistics industry.
Join us – you will love it – let’s build a masterpiece!
About the role
The transportation industry has no shortage of complex problems requiring creative and data-intensive solutions in order to efficiently and effectively automate large-scale operations. In this role, you will be expected to work independently and contribute to several high impact projects, including building infrastructure and services that enable Mastery to provide descriptive, predictive and prescriptive analytical solutions to our clients.
- Collaborate closely with other engineers, data scientists and product managers and interact with stakeholders across the organization to create data products
- Design, build and deploy microservices that provide analytical information to some of the largest freight brokerage firms in North America
- Support Master’s Business Intelligence & Data Warehousing and Advanced Analytics teams by establishing best practices, developing tools and creating an infrastructure that makes the work of data analysts, analysis engineers and data scientists more robust, reliable and easy to use
- Write clean, maintainable and well tested code
- Engage in the full development lifecycle, including architectural design and testing
- Be a force multiplier on the velocity and quality of your team
- Stay on top of software engineering trends and tools, and be practical but open-minded in their application
- Set the bar high for your product quality and performance with sustained attention to detail and automated testing
- Continuously improve the way we design, build and ship software as a highly functional team
Terms & Conditions
- At least 3 years of hands-on experience in data intensive software development, including designing, building, deploying and maintaining data applications
- Data-driven development expertise, including experience with a variety of database, data warehouse, distributed processing, and machine learning technologies
- Minimum of two years of experience in the production software creation industry
- Experience with Kafka or similar event delivery systems
- SQL and RDBMS expertise
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Mastery of infrastructure automation via Terraform and CI / CD pipelines with tools such as Github Actions
- Ability to interact with technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong sense of responsibility with a penchant for action
- Experience working with RESTful APIs
- Comfortable being independent and prioritizing your own work
- Ability to understand complex problems and develop simple solutions that can be maintained by the rest of the team
- Experience in leading technical projects
- Ability to train and supervise junior engineers
- Experience with Kubernetes preferred
- Experience with GraphQL preferred
- Experience in the logistics industry appreciated
Mastery takes great pride in providing its employees with a strong and highly competitive benefits package. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance covering 90% of premium costs. Life insurance paid by the company for 1x salary. Legal benefits, AD&D, extra life and other employee assistance benefits. We have a 401k savings plan with a 4% match. We provide opportunities for growth and professional development. We fully support our work from home initiative as we do our part to tackle the Covid 19 crisis. We have a program for managing your life and your paid time off program. We are completely dedicated to the pursuit of creative perks and perks, as we currently cannot take advantage of our cool office culture. Our philanthropic partner is St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
We are an equal opportunity employer and actively seek a diverse community of professionals. Veterans, women, non-binary, people of color, LGBTQIA, we invite you all to apply!