We are looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer with comprehensive experience, a strong emphasis on detail, accuracy and problem solving, as well as a dedication to delivering high quality software products. This will be a full-service software engineer who will thrive in a fast-paced startup environment and want to embrace ownership and responsibility.
You will excel at building and overseeing the creation of software across all layers of our API platform, understand databases and SQL, and are passionate about using cutting-edge SaaS web technologies.
An exciting job that you will do:
- Develop new platform features and capabilities using the latest developer tools for our FinTech platform.
- Lead problem analysis and collaborate with business users, customers and team members to identify and implement innovative software solutions and improvements.
- Provide maintenance support for assigned areas of the platform and sort out issues to other teams when needed.
- Participate and help drive software scrum projects, communicate team status and obstacles, and lead planning and estimation.
- Participate in design discussions with architects and other engineers.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, information technology or a related field.
- More than 5 years of professional software engineering experience in a team environment
- Experience building and maintaining scalable web services
- Proficiency in OOP, enterprise architecture models and test-driven development
- Proficiency in PHP, C # and / or Java
- Strong knowledge of HTML and CSS (Less, Sass, Bootstrap)
- Experience working in Big Data and / or data warehouse environments
- Experience with Python, Node.js and similar languages
- Experience with SQL performance tuning.
- Experience with computer science fundamentals (data representation, data structures, algorithms)
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment automation concepts
- Collaborative team development experience using an agile development methodology.
- Passionate about creating great products, innovating and solving complex customer problems.
- Solid experience in building relationships and collaborating at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work independently combined with a desire to learn and grow.
- Thrive in the startup culture: Has a growth mindset, resilient, adaptable and curious.
- Experience in writing automated unit tests, using unit testing frameworks and mentoring other team members around unit testing approaches
- SQL expertise (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc.)
We believe that living a balanced life leads to more creativity and productivity. Total Expert offers the following benefits to support employees in their quest for total well-being.
- Medical, dental and visual coverage
- Prescription drug coverage
- Gym Pass
- Health promotion program
- Flexible leave program
- Health savings account, flexible spending accounts and disability protection
- Life insurance and voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Pet insurance
- 401 (k) Retirement Savings Plan and Matching Program
- Employee referral bonus
Total Expert is the leading fintech software company providing CRM and customer engagement specifically designed for modern financial institutions. The Total Experience Platform unifies data, marketing, sales and compliance solutions to deliver a consistent experience across the customer lifecycle.
At Total Expert, we strive for excellence, innovation and customer success in everything we do. We are committed to reinventing the way people and technology work together so that we can empower our clients to form more meaningful human connections with their clients.
Total Expert Awards & Accolades:
- Named on the Inc. 500 list for the third year in a row (No.288 in 2020), the 3rd fastest growing Minneapolis-based company and in the Top 40 fastest growing software companies in the nation on the list 2020 Inc. 500.
- List of America’s 2021 Best Startup Employers by Forbes
- Deloitte Tech Fast 500
- Top Workplace by Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune (2018, 2019, 2020)
- HousingWire Tech100 (2020)
- Tech 20 – Twin Cities Affairs (2020)
Our top performing employees have a âteamwork makes the dream workâ mindset, operate with a strong sense of urgency, are entrepreneurial and are solution-oriented. Come join us!