Kipsu is rooted in a simple but deep goal: to elevate service professionals at the center of the customer experience, transforming transactional interactions into fully developed relationships. As one of the leading technology companies in the Twin Cities, Kipsu has built a reputation for a strong corporate culture, providing exemplary service to its client partners and investing in the growth of their team members. Kipsu has been recognized in recent years by Star Tribune as one of the best places to work for small businesses. This role is crucial for the significant and sustainable growth and continued global expansion expected in the near future of Kipsu.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- You’ll use object-oriented principles and solid coding practices as the foundation for everything we build.
- You will be empowered to design systems, influence technology choices and make significant changes in collaboration with a team independent of technology.
- Take the next step in your career by leveraging your previous experience to mentor other engineers and contribute to the culture of our team through technical and human leadership.
- By beating the phrase “it’s not my job” from memory, you will solve interesting problems both in application development and beyond in areas such as microservices architecture, modeling, and development. ” data analysis, security best practices, natural language processing, etc.
- You will participate in flawless sprint retrospectives focused on experimentation and continuous improvement. You’re not going to hear us say “because that’s the way we’ve always done it”. At the same time, you will not be subjected to an arbitrary “reorganization” every 6 months.
- Expect plenty of leadership opportunities from day one as we grow and as you advance in your career at Kipsu. We see all of our current team members as tomorrow’s leaders occupying not only imagined roles, but spaces as yet unseen.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- More than 3 years of experience as a software engineer.
- History of management information science or computer science courses; familiarity with relational databases, software development methodologies.
- Enthusiasm for software that “works” (and a fair amount of irritation when it doesn’t).
- A curiosity or a fascination with how technology works “under the hood”.
- Critical thinking and problem solving.
- Persistence in achieving your goals, even when you have encountered obstacles along the way.
WHAT MAKES KIPSU DIFFERENT
- We are a strong and stable company, and we enthusiastically embrace our founding startup spirit – everyone is involved and working for the same goals.
- Our Culture – We have a team of highly motivated colleagues who are all in the same boat. We all succeed together and we all learn from our mistakes by holding our interdependence in high regard.
- Our unique philosophy: We created this company ourselves and we are working on it for the long term. There is a distinct sense of purpose and ownership at Kipsu as we do things on our own terms.
- Remarkable growth – with nearly a decade of advancement, we continue to accelerate. It is an exciting time to be here.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE HERE
- Unity – Everyone here is on the same mission. Our core values are not platitudes but our pact. We believe in the best of each other while always striving to be better.
- Transparency – Our leadership goes into the details. We all come together for a weekly space to find out how each team is doing in order to have a full understanding of the business and to think like a CEO.
- Confidence – Our team members are given the confidence and license to excel at their jobs and are supported throughout the process of continued growth.
- Mentoring – We all have more to learn and something to teach. The lessons are beyond technique. We celebrate our busy hive of shared growth.
- Respect– Our success and future as an industry leader depends on a concrete commitment to cultivating a diverse and fair team. Everyone here has a voice that is heard and respected. We are looking for an open and honest conversation on our way to be active stewards of our shared communities.
- Objective – Everyone here is closely linked to the outcome of their work. Every day, our team sees the impact of what they do on improving the value of our clients’ work in their own professions. Our goals are explicitly linked to our mission to build relationships.
One more thing – At Kipsu, we believe that our values, our success and our future as a leader in our industry require a dynamic and diverse workforce. This is one of the many challenges we seek to solve, and we are intentional and active in recruiting talent of all identities and creating an environment that includes all walks of life. We need your contribution to our team. Consider rolling up your sleeves and joining us on our journey.