What if you could use your technological skills to develop a product that would impact the way hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools in communities around the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of almost everyone in the world, and yet it is also one of the least digitized industries in the world, not to mention one of the most dangerous. This is why we are looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer join Procore’s journey to revolutionize a historically underserved industry.
Like a Senior Software Engineer Within our Platform Workflows team, you will create the workflow engine for our future application platform, enabling internal and external teams to effectively create and deliver experiences on the Procore platform. In addition to playing a key role in our technology strategy, your work will directly enable all experiences built on the platform to seamlessly adapt, extend and respond to the unique building needs of the client to the global scale. While driving immediate and long-term strategic direction for key parts of the technology stack, you will identify critical areas based on future growth and collaborate with Product, UX and other groups to develop roadmaps and take initiatives.
Backed by the power of our teams, you will have the tools and resources to achieve extraordinary results that will have a significant impact beyond the boundaries of traditional engineering roles. If you are a solid leader with a proven track record of evaluating the best technical approaches in the industry, we have a place for you on our team.
This position will report to a Senior Engineering Manager and has the option of being based in our Carpinteria, CA, or Austin, TX offices or working remotely from any location in the United States. We are looking for someone to join us immediately.
What you gonna do:
- Contribute significantly to the architecture, design and development of Procore’s workflow platform
- Create underlying application platform functionality that enables workflow customization and extensibility by users and first-party or third-party developers
- Contribute to key Procore initiatives as well as independent innovative technical projects
- Use a collaborative approach to drive architectural design decisions that improve scalability and performance
- Develop teammates by performing code reviews, providing mentoring, matchmaking and training opportunities
- Serve as a subject matter expert in an area, including tools, processes, and procedures that help guide others to build and maintain a healthy code base
- Pilot key projects, including:
- Scalability: We are scaling Ruby on Rails and need engineers ready to take on the challenge of working on live core systems with millions of users
- Microservices: We build, maintain and develop a wide range of microservices and seek engineers who can discover new opportunities and bring them to fruition
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, in a related field, or comparable work experience
- Over 10 years of experience in the fundamentals of object-oriented programs, test-driven development and design principles (Ruby on Rails, Python, C ++, Java)
- Experience in designing and implementing workflow engines
- Familiarity with ISO 195510 and BPMN
- Experience in anticipating technical issues that will arise from major projects and designing solutions to overcome these issues
- Demonstrated expertise in creating and / or significantly improving large business critical systems involving stability, performance and scalability
- Experience in working and developing RESTful APIs, GraphQL is a plus
- Proven expertise with modern web development across the spectrum of development, testing, staging, deployment and monitoring
Procore Technologies builds the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps customers build skyscrapers, hospitals, housing complexes, etc. more efficiently. Our corporate headquarters are located on the cliffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, California with growing offices around the world. Consult us on Glass door to see what others are saying about working at Procore!
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders from all walks of life. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin , political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other classification protected by law. .
Advantages and advantages
You are a person with dreams, goals and ambitions, both personally and professionally. That’s why we believe in providing benefits that not only align with our Procore values (openness, optimism and ownership), but improve the lives of our team members. Here are some of our benefit offerings: competitive healthcare plans, flexible paid time off (Procore Values Time), employee enrichment and development programs, and volunteer days.