Wells Fargo technology teams drive innovation to create a more powerful and fulfilling financial experience for our customers and team members. You’ll join over 24,000 team members supporting 95 billion transactions per year in 10 countries. Our career opportunities span the technology spectrum: advanced analytics, big data, information security, application development, cloud enablement, project management and more.
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Specialist Software Engineer to join our Enterprise Function team, providing coverage of the Corporate Finance, Human Resources, Public Affairs, Legal & Strategy, Digital and Innovation group portfolios.
In this role, you will:
• Lead or participate in complex initiatives on selected areas
• Ensure the quality, security and compliance of supported systems and applications
• Serve as a technical resource in the search for software solutions
• Review and assess user needs and determine requirements
• Provide technical support, advice and consultation on issues related to supported applications
• Create test data and conduct interfaces and unit tests
• Design, code, test, debug and document programs using Agile development practices
• Understand and participate to ensure compliance and risk management requirements for the supported area are met and work with other stakeholders to implement key risk initiatives
• Conduct research and resolve process issues and recommend process solutions and improvements
• Assist others in advanced software development
• Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues and managers to solve problems and achieve goals
Qualifications, United States:
• 4+ years of software engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated by one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
• 3+ years of SQL development
• 1+ year of development in an agile environment
• 2+ years of experience with ServiceNow
• 1+ years of experience with ServiceNow BCM, ITSM, Common Services Data Model and/or custom workflows
• 1+ years of ServiceNow automated testing infrastructure
• 1+ years of experience working with Azure Cloud Framework
• 1+ years of experience working in an agile environment and in a Scrum team
• Some experience with Rally or JIRA tools
• Support and development of the ServiceNow BCM (Business Continuity Management) module, in addition to the common services data model and custom workflows
• Design of solutions and analysis of problems/resolutions
• Ability to work independently and within a Scrum team to design, implement and support IT solutions that meet business needs
• Translate business needs into technical solutions
• Perform data analysis and design
• Design data interfaces
• Foster a collaborative environment by actively participating in requirements and design discussions
Applicants Applying to Advertised Job Openings in the United States: All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, of national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Candidates applying to job postings in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, Indigenous peoples and visible minorities. Accommodations for applicants with disabilities are available upon request as part of the recruitment process.
We value diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity , gender expression, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our goal of building strong customer relationships, balanced by a strong risk mitigation and compliance-focused culture that firmly establishes these disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and the business. They are responsible for the execution of all applicable risk programs (credit, market, financial crimes, operations, regulatory compliance), which includes effective monitoring and adherence to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriate compliance risk and compliance obligations, quickly and effectively escalating and resolving issues and making informed risk decisions. Emphasis is on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, and making sound risk decisions commensurate with the unit’s risk appetite business and all risk and compliance program requirements.