Status: Full time employee
Job Category: Software engineering
Relevant work experience: 2-4 years
Career level: Average level
Education: Bachelor’s degree in CS, EE or equivalent work experience
Industry: Telecommunications / Wireless
Site: Kirkland, Washington, United States
Bluetooth is the fastest growing wireless technology in the world, and the Bluetooth Special Interest Group (Bluetooth SIG), the company at the heart of the Bluetooth industry, is hiring! Backed by industry-leading companies, the Bluetooth SIG oversees the development of new Bluetooth specifications. It provides the processes and tools for members to create, test, qualify and tag their Bluetooth products.
Our collaborative and dynamic corporate culture and our essential role in the realization of the Internet of Things offer you a unique opportunity to collaborate with the companies creating the most advanced products in the world and to be part of the forefront of technological innovation.
At Bluetooth SIG, our values ââare at the heart of who we are and are displayed daily as we cultivate relationships with our members, business partners and our organization. By joining the Bluetooth SIG, it means that you share and demonstrate these values ââat the highest level: collaboration, commitment, integrity, respect, humility and creativity.
The Bluetooth SIG is looking for a highly motivated individual with experience in manual and automated testing. The specific role involves:
- Verification tests for pre-adoption Bluetooth specifications.
- Validating Bluetooth tool sets for frequent broadcast to the Bluetooth community.
- Continuous development, improvement and execution of test automation.
- The ability to work independently and creatively in an Agile Scrum environment is of paramount importance. This position involves working in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines.
Currently this is a hybrid position with the ability to work from home and the Kirkland, WA office as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering.
- At least 2-4 years of industry software testing experience, with particular emphasis on wireless protocols, hardware, or embedded device testing.
- Automation skills in at least one common language (C #, Python, Java).
- Experience in the design, development and delivery of quality assurance automation tests.
- Experience with Microsoft development tools and Azure DevOps for bug and test case tracking, code repositories and CI pipelines.
- Good understanding of the software testing lifecycle, quality assurance processes and Agile testing methodology.
- Team player with an excellent attitude to run and deliver test results to meet release requirements and schedules.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to debug, analyze and communicate failures.
- Passion for quality in solving complex software development problems
- A motivated problem solver with strong organizational and analytical skills with attention to detail.
- The candidate must be located in the Puget Sound area with the option of being in the office on days the duties of the position warrant.
Bonus points for:
- Experience or knowledge of Bluetooth tools, protocols and architecture.
- Experience with one or more test automation tools such as Selenium, JMeter, FlaUI or TestCafe.
- Knowledge of and ability to write PowerShell scripts to automate the setup of test environments and the execution of automated tests.
- Ability to work and deliver results within an Agile Scrum engineering team as well as individually.
- Read and understand Bluetooth specifications and requirements before adoption, run manual verification tests, report and track failures, regression test fixes.
- Writing and execution of test cases and scenarios to verify the functionality of the tools.
- Use of Bluetooth hardware devices to help validate tools and specifications.
- Frequent version testing of our tools.
- Develop and contribute to our automation footprint.
- Checking for member reported issues and resolutions.
- Develops and uses working knowledge of products and tools, as well as strong customer empathy, to assist in feature design.
- Provide feedback on product design and vision during planning meetings and autopsies
- Contributes and maintains automation tools and CI automation pipelines.
- Factors diagnostics, reliability and maintainability into test automation, and understands when their code is ready to be shared and delivered.
- Expose test coverage issues and implement functional and non-functional testing that identifies integration gaps and limitations, as well as general problem areas.
- Presents findings to peer engineers that detail defects, their impact on feature areas, customer scenarios, and quality goals.
- Has a sense of pride and personal responsibility for the end-to-end product / service quality, completeness and resulting user experience.
- Integrates software quality best practices into their daily tasks.
- Using the agile methodology, the ability to break down and estimate new engineering work that includes the guarantee of a high quality bar
- Help define their own role in the delivery of the product (s).
The Bluetooth SIG offers an excellent set of benefits including health, prescription drugs, short and long term disability, vision and dental coverage, life insurance and 401 (k).
Equal employment opportunities
Bluetooth SIG, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and job applicants. No employee or candidate will be discriminated against on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, legal obligation. National Guard or Reserve Unit, or any other feature protected by law. In accordance with applicable federal and state laws, Bluetooth SIG, Inc. will make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations to applicants or qualified employees, unless it places undue hardship on the company. Reasonable accommodation is a change or adjustment in a job, employment practice or work environment that allows a person with a disability to have an equal employment opportunity. This policy applies to all aspects of employment including, but not limited to, selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and benefits. training.