Having inherited a vast technological heritage from our former parent company, we are undergoing a delivery and technology transformation – with a focus on building mission-critical solutions to quickly and securely deliver quality software to four main product areas:
- DataPoints, our flagship data and analytics tools for the world’s elite research universities.
- The WUR Portal, our data collection platform, is a key part of our data pipelines, used by universities around the world.
- Academic, our flagship B2B website offering data-driven content for an academic audience.
- Student, our latest B2C effort to segment and leverage our vast student audience.
We are looking for passionate and talented individuals to join our engineering team, you should definitely have an interest in data, whether it is producing data, visualizing data, collecting data or supporting systems who manage data – we are passionate about our business and our activity is a given.
Specifically, this role will fall under the Data Points team, which is currently undertaking a rewrite of much of the platform.
- Experience working in small cross-functional teams with the ability to undertake development work independently while also working within the team
- Some experience working with product owners/managers to design and develop solutions
- The ability to work closely with other team members
- Understanding of software design and testing methodologies
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies
- Experience working with common software development tools such as Git and Jira
- A good working knowledge of HTML & CSS
- Experience or knowledge of front-end UI/UX design is desirable
- The ability to create and work with HTTP APIs (GraphQL is desirable)
- Experience working with data storage technologies such as MongoDB, Postgres or other SQL
- Contribute to the success of a small cross-functional product-focused development team
- Develop front-end and back-end functionality
- Work with the Product Manager to deliver best-in-class software solutions
- Develop several applications and APIs, both internal and intended for users
- Write high-quality, well-tested code
- Perform functional and non-functional tests
- Troubleshoot and debug applications
Who are we looking for?
- You are a highly experienced software engineer with extensive experience in web technologies
- You thrive in a cross-functional environment and are eager to learn new things.
- You can happily work on code on both the client and the server, although you may have a preference between the two.
- You actively ask questions and are open to advice
- You aspire to build amazing things