Task ID: 564752BR Date posted: 04 Aug 2021 Pitches: Colorado Springs, Colorado; Huntsville, AlabamaProgram: C2BMC JEMINI
COVID-19 continues to have a significant impact on our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety our top priority and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty posed by COVID variants in the workplace and to ensure that we live up to our national security commitments.
In accordance with Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, effective December 8, 2021, Lockheed Martin will require all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully immunized prior to their start date.
The description:It’s time for you to become a software engineer with the Lockheed Martin C2BMC program team in Colorado Springs, Colorado!
Responsible for software development in Java language for the JEMINI team. Under minimal direction, provide specialist expertise across multiple systems, software disciplines, as well as general knowledge of related disciplines, application implications and customer areas.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
Perform in-depth analysis and technical support of system software products, including complex problem solving, design, development, testing, operational integration and user support. Maintain news, debug and configure associated software products. Work from specifications to develop or modify operating system applications.
Additionally, assist with program design, coding, benchmark testing, debugging, and documentation. Interface with other system support groups to resolve issues, set standards, and improve overall operating system efficiency. Design, code, test and implement tools for the automation of operations. Work on most phases of software systems programming applications.
Leading small software-focused teams may be required in this role.
HERE ARE SOME BENEFITS TO ENJOY:
– Medical (some LM sites have on-site medical services)
– 401k (with generous match)
– Paid time off, including (we have a Flex 4/10 schedule, which means every Friday off!)
– Work / life balance, family environment
– Generous reimbursement of tuition fees
LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR COMPETITIVE AND COMPREHENSIVE PACKAGE:
* Must currently have an active DoD Secret Security Clearance (or higher) to be considered for this position * You will be subject to TS / SCI clearance from the start.
– Software engineering and software development with solid Java / JEE experience
– Experience and knowledge of software practices such as coding standards, automated testing, automated construction pipelines and configuration management
– Experience in developing business applications using Java
– Small team leadership experience (Agile team leadership experience highly preferred)
– Experience with common software development and management tools such as maven, git / gitea, nexus and Eclipse
– Strong problem solving skills including the ability to examine performance and operational issues, identify root cause, recommend, design and implement a solution
– IAT Level II (Safety + or equivalent) required within 60 days of start
– The successful candidate will have the ability to work independently and possess the balance required to work in a very dynamic environment and demonstrate flexibility and willingness to take on unforeseen tasks
– Development of command and control systems applications
– Experience with software integration and formal testing
– Knowledge and experience in implementing cybersecurity / RMF requirements
– Experience in server / database side development
– Ability to present advanced concepts to non-software engineers including program managers and military leaders
– Ability / experience to mentor and teach junior engineers
– Good knowledge of MS Office products
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We will ensure that persons with disabilities are afforded reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges related to employment. use. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Other important information you should know
Expression of interest: By applying for this job, you are expressing your interest in this position and may be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as matching. If this match is identified, you may be contacted for this opening and future ones.Ability to work remotely: On-Site Full-Time: The work associated with this position will be performed on-site at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Working hours: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternative work schedules which provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules vary from 40 standard hours over a five-day work week while others can be condensed. These condensed schedules give employees more time away from the office and are in addition to our paid time off benefits.Schedule for this position: 4×10 hour day, 3 days off per weekSecurity clearance statement: This position requires government security clearance, you must be a U.S. citizen to be considered.Clearance level: Secret
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status of protected or disabled veteran. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our clients tackle the toughest jobs. Those who demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience, and precision. They are dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even offer an opportunity to change the world and save lives. These are the missions that are important to us.
As a leading company in technological innovation, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to deliver proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states in the United States and internationally, with business locations in many countries and territories.Level of experience: Experienced professionalBusiness Unit: RMSRelocation available: PossibleCareer area: Software engineering
Type: Task order / IDIQ
Gap: First of all