A fast-paced provider of cutting-edge software solutions for the logistics industry is looking for your coding skills as a software engineer proficient in C, Linux and UNIX to join their team in Joburg. Using a range of technologies, you will work on innovative and challenging projects across different industry sectors, gaining experience in ‘hands on’ deployment in real operational environments. The ideal candidate should have the ability to solve problems through the use of your own techniques, have an appropriate computer science degree/diploma, 3 or more years of real-time software development experience, including having delivered successful software application projects. You must be skilled with C, Linux X86 and UNIX. Any experience with warehousing solutions, Mechatronics and/or Robotics and with Pascal on VMS will be beneficial.
- Write well-designed and maintainable software that meets the stated purpose and is developed according to company standards. You will receive a job that concerns either a non-complex complete system or a particular section of a complex overall solution. It can be, for example, a small control system or the automation management process of a large-scale system.
- Perform assigned support calls within contractual SLA timelines.
- Complete assigned tasks on time.
- Advanced degree in computer science (bachelor or diploma).
- 3+ years in a real-time software development role.
- Experience in delivering successful software application projects.
- C under Linux X86.
- Linux and UNIX.
- Fluent English (spoken and written).
- A team player with a strong commitment to continuous learning.
- You like challenges and are ready to take on your responsibilities.
- Pascal on VMS.
- Experience with warehousing solutions, mechatronics and/or robotics.
- Able to solve problems using your own techniques.
- Demonstrable skills in more than one programming language.
- Demonstrate ability to adapt and learn new programming languages quickly.
- Strong technical skills.
- Reasonable in administrative tasks.
- Holds himself and his team accountable.
Although we would really like to respond to every application, if you are not contacted for this position within 10 working days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for a job, make sure you meet the minimum job requirements. OnlySouth African citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not at the stated location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all job applications and correspondence. Please email a word copy of your CV to [Email Address Removed] and mention the reference numbers of the works. We have a job listing on [URL Removed] Datafin IT Recruitment – Jobs in Cape Town.
Find out more/Apply to this position