THE exceptional coding skills of a software engineer who can thrive under pressure are sought after by a leading engineering solutions provider in Durbanville for automotive controls. You must have a BEng. Degree in electronics/mechatronics engineering, have 1-6 years of relevant experience, CAN J1939 communication experience and related test tools/equipment, MATLAB/Simulink proficiency, be an SA citizen and be willing to travel internationally for periods variables.
- MATLAB/Simulink software development for automotive controllers.
- Under the direction of the Senior Software Engineer, be responsible for documentation, verification and testing of control software.
- Development of software algorithms and optimization of control systems.
- Contribute to the development of system factory models and simulations using MATLAB/Simulink.
- Contribute to the development of software tools required for vehicle production and field support.
- Support software testing at module level and on vehicle prototypes.
- B Eng. Degree in Electronic/Mechatronics Engineering (M Eng preferred).
- Willing to travel abroad for variable periods.
- South African citizenship.
- 1 to 6+ years of experience.
- Mastery of the MATLAB/Simulink environment.
- Knowledge of J1939 CAN communication and associated test tools/equipment.
- Computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Attention to detail.
- Integrity and honesty.
- Excellent in task management.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure and manage changing priorities.
- Good problem solving ability.
- Team player.
- Good written and verbal communication (English).
- Strong work ethic, willing to go the extra mile.
Although we would love to respond to every application, if you are not contacted for this position within 10 business days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for a job, make sure you meet the minimum job requirements. OnlySouth African citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not at the stated location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all job applications and correspondence. Please email a word copy of your CV to [Email Address Removed] and mention the reference numbers of the works. We have a job listing on [URL Removed] Datafin IT Recruitment – Jobs in Cape Town.
Find out more/Apply to this position