Infinite Blue is a leading global provider of extensible applications for organizational resilience and low-code development platforms for enterprises and independent software vendors. We are looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer to join our growing team.
The Software Engineer position will be part of a team that will develop and support a set of key services as part of the next generation technology platform. This person must have a perfect mastery of cloud native and SaaS-centric technologies. This person should be able to understand architectural documents, perform detailed analyzes, design testable implementation solutions, implement, test, maintain and support tasks in all environments including production, with minimal supervision. This position requires extensive interaction and coordination with other software engineers, architects, UX designers, etc., and as such requires excellent communication skills and a strong team-centric attitude. In addition, this position requires a highly motivated initiative spirit, the ability to work independently, to evangelize strategies on development practices, and to provide timely solutions.
Although this position is for our Collegeville office, we are open to remote applicants.
Core functions and responsibilities
- Implement, test, maintain and support the software, based on the technical design and functional requirements specifications
- Prepare technical design specifications based on functional / non-functional requirements and analysis documents
- Review requirements, analysis and other design documents and provide feedback
- Ideate and contribute to technical direction and architecture
- Provide expertise and advice for SaaS development methodologies
- Investigate / prototype / POC new software development tools or other promising technology stacks; present demos and make recommendations to stakeholders
- Make sure product code is both testable and tested with high code coverage – passionate about quality and testing
- Assist customer support with technical issues and questions
- Control your solution’s CICD pipeline using a mix of potentially bundled tools like TeamCity, Argo CD, etc.
- Strong communicator: facilitation, verbal writing and especially by listening
- Proficient in Java, React, TypeScript
- Proficiency in Cypress or similar testing framework
- Experience implementing web systems as part of a microservices environment using Docker or Function as a Service (FaaS) platforms
- Experience developing with highly available SaaS applications
- Experience building solutions in AWS
- Experience with iterative and incremental software development processes
- Experience with complex software development projects using agile planning and development methods
- Swagger / OpenAPI / RAML first development – should be able to write an API specification using these tools
- Proficient in designing and building RESTful microservices with appropriate frameworks based on preferred stack
- Polyglot level experience with more than 1 persistence technologies such as: PostgreSQL, mySQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB, Redis, etc.
- Experience with SQL: 2003 (window function)
- Experience with responsive asynchronous distributed architectures – using asynchronous messaging to coordinate functionality between microservices
- An understanding of both normalized relational data modeling and potentially denormalized no-SQL data modeling and the differences between
- Experience with performance analysis and tuning
- Ability to quickly analyze, organize and abstract large amounts of information and make decisions based on this analysis – creative solutions are welcome
- Ability to influence and negotiate in the face of opposing views or resistance
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems or related field; or equivalent combination of education / experience
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering
Infinite Blue is strongly oriented towards these five core values. Successful employees will demonstrate these capabilities:
- Grit – courage and determination to achieve our goals
- Agile – ability to reassess and adapt quickly
- Trust – trust in our services and between us
- One team – strong alignment and collaboration across the enterprise
- Respect – all team members add value
- Generous Vacation Package
- Benefits available to full time employees and include: Medical / Dental / 401K / etc.
Infinite Blue is an equal opportunity employer.