Our client, a mid-sized engineering company based in, [URL Removed] specializing in the design, development, integration, implementation and support of complex hardware and software systems, is looking for an experienced person Software engineer. The ideal candidate will become a core contributor in a team developing user interfaces and supporting application server components for data organization, data exploration, data analysis, data visualization, GIS and workflow.
Help us expand our market leadership position by providing telecom big data insights delivered by very large distributed processing systems. Join us to create new UI applications using [URL Removed] and Spring Boot and make a significant contribution to our success, technology evolution, UX design and architecture.
Obsess with requirements, design, and user experience to deliver the right product that drives user adoption and delights customers.
Work in an agile team with a strong customer focus, developing software in a continuous integration environment. Have a passion for developing robust, reliable, high-throughput systems used by hundreds of expert operators, analysts, and administrators.
Over time, provide guidance on adopting advances in technology and software architecture design to improve our market position through the quality of our products.
Experience / skills required
- BSc. Computer Science, BEng (with computer science subjects up to final year) or equivalent plus 2-5 years of relevant experience in an aligned role.
- Complete user interface development
- Familiar with the UX interaction design process with knowledge of user research, personas and information architecture
- Experience building new UI architectures from scratch
- Experience developing automated tests and processes to support continuous integration
- Experience in performance-centric multi-threaded design
- Experience deploying solutions in production, providing support and maintenance, managing user feedback and support, and troubleshooting to quickly resolve issues.
- Experience designing and developing distributed service-oriented architectures and asynchronous messaging
- Experience in integrating various systems into a service-oriented architecture
- Dependency Injection
- Refactoring Skills
- Semantic versioning
- Software Development Effort Estimation and Planning
- Microservices Architecture Design Patterns
- Application of SOLID design principles and modular application architecture principles Automated test development and continuous integration
- spring boot
- js – familiarity with the [URL Removed] ecosystem
- Innovating, solving difficult problems and revealing unique solutions.
- Detail-oriented approach that seeks to gain an in-depth understanding of the domain.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills to promote collaboration and enhance teamwork.
- Desires to mentor others to promote team strength.
- Aspires to learn new skills and research to gain knowledge.
- Takes initiative, prioritizes time and works independently with little supervision.
- Desire to improve and drive change that leads to better quality and productivity for the whole team.
- Only selected candidates will be contacted. If you don’t hear from us after 30 days, you can consider your application unsuccessful.
- Only South African citizens will be considered
- Please include your current salary and salary expectations.
Find out more/Apply to this position