Role: Permanent – Software Engineer – Based in Johannesburg – North Suburbs. Desk position due to the demanding technical aspects of the role. If you’re a seasoned developer who thrives in a highly technical environment solving complex development challenges, enjoys working independently and coming up with innovative solutions, this might be for you! Oh yes – the company is looking for people who want to grow and develop and who want to constantly improve their skills.
Company: global company providing GPS tracking and Internet of Things asset tracking devices and software in over 100 countries. The company is currently experiencing tremendous growth and is looking to expand the development team. Headquarters are based in Australia with operations in North America, Europe, the Middle East and Africa. The production and software centers are based in South Africa.
The role offers stable full-time employment with good career progression and excellent skills development opportunities. They are looking for a full technical coder who enjoys learning and working with innovation and new technologies and solving difficult problems. The position includes development on device management server, application platform and mobile application including architecture and design. You will be exposed to working with firmware, hardware, and on various cloud stacks and infrastructures.
We are looking for a full stack technical coder who enjoys learning and working with innovation and new technologies.
Qualifications and experience:
University graduate (BSc in Electrical Engineering/Information Technology or equivalent is obligatory) with a minimum of 4-10 years of commercial development experience with the .NET Framework and SQL Server. Exposure to various systems and technologies will be an advantage.
Advantageous: Technical certifications (AWS/Azure/MCSD)
Key performance areas:
– Design and document the architecture of software solutions
– Implement software solutions
– Design planning and estimating
– Manage the operations of the service offering, i.e. monitor, respond to and maintain
– Ensure technical infrastructure is in place to support software/service offering in line with business strategy
– Internal Support Skills and Experience: – Strong understanding of Object Oriented Principles (OOP) and Tiered Architecture
– Development of web services and thin clients using Angular or similar
– Development and design of SQL Server databases
– Automation of software testing and delivery (CI/CD)
Please note that if you do not receive feedback within 14 days, your application has not been successful.
- software solution architecture
- Object-oriented principles
- Multi-tier architecture
Find out more/Apply to this position