At INRIX, our mission is to help the world avoid global traffic jams by empowering cities, drivers and businesses around the world. We’re a company filled with people who are passionate about our customers and building products to move the world forward in smarter, safer, more efficient and greener ways. We harness an unrivaled collection of historical and real-time global GPS data from connected cars, fleet vehicles and mobile devices to deliver complex analysis across huge datasets with ambitious delivery times. Our clients include cities, states, countries and businesses.
We are looking for software engineers capable of playing an important role in real-time and historical speed and mobility data computation systems. Anyone who wants to learn more about computing data at scale, building robust systems, and enjoys learning and keeping abreast of the latest cloud computing technologies.
INRIX has several positions and teams, for which we are recruiting. We’ll use your experience and interests to guide you to the position that’s right for you.
What you will do:
- Work in a small team and test scalable, reliable and efficient data-driven systems.
- Work on high-level systems that have a substantial impact on business results.
- Work with partner teams to regularly deploy and monitor these systems to ensure high availability with minimal impact on customers.
- We are a small company with a wide reach and need to think creatively to make things efficient, deal with real world variability, and solve customer problems. You have any ideas ? We want to hear them.
- Software Engineer with over 2 years experience in production level software development, architecture and design is a plus.
- Strong C # or Java coding skills, Java preferred.
- Familiarity with databases (relational, document and key-value) and associated query languages, such as SQL.
- Familiarization services and REST-based APIs for internal and external data delivery.
- Knowledge of one or more of the following would also be beneficial.
- AWS services such as Kinesis, RDS, Elasticache, S3, Athena, Data pipeline, Glue, Lambda, EMR, Spark, EC2, ECS, CloudWatch, or Elastic Beanstalk
- Jenkins or similar tools would also be a plus
- A team player – we attach great importance to collaboration.
- Knowledge or willingness to learn how to manage big data.
- Bachelor’s degree or graduate degree in computer science, mathematics or a related discipline preferred.
Do you want to be at the heart of transforming raw location data into insights and actions? Our team is at the heart of many products supplied by INRIX.
- Work with an amazing team with a focus on being the best and making the world a better place.
- Help solve complex real-world problems with big data.
- Ranked as one of the best places to work in the Seattle area.
- Competitive salary, benefits and 401K counterpart.
- Open holiday policy, unlimited and always has been.
- Plethora of snacks, drinks, lunches, and opportunities for people to get to know others in the business.
- A boat on Lake Washington. You get your license and we’ll pay for the gas.
- The people and the passion. Meet and work with smart, helpful people who love what they do and are passionate about it.
- The opportunity to have a big impact on both the company and our customers.
Are you ready to join a different type of business? Exciting things are happening all the time. Come join us!