- Continuous (permanent) full-time opportunity
- Provide analytical leadership throughout the design and problem-solving phase
- Choice of campuses offering great lifestyles, with relocation assistance available
Southern Cross University is a young, dynamic and rising institution of excellence committed to transforming tomorrow. Our revolutionary new educational model brings a deeper learning experience, improving outcomes and quality of life for every student.
Working at Southern Cross University combines a rare combination of being surrounded by ambitious students, incredible and dedicated colleagues, and an environment of stunning natural beauty. We are leaders in our communities in the Northern Rivers region of New South Wales, Coffs Harbor and the Gold Coast and we are proud to help shape a better future.
About the Opportunity
Southern Cross University Technology Services provides effective technology leadership, strategy, and expertise through proactive engagement with the University and its partners, with the goal of delivering useful and reliable technology systems in line with expectations and achieve the strategic objectives of the University and its customers. The work unit includes broad functional areas including Infrastructure Services, Desktop Help Desk and Support, Application Services Management, and Innovation and Delivery Team.
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer, known locally as a Programmer Analyst, to take our software used by students, staff and the wider community to the next level. In this role, you will work alongside multiple software engineers from the Innovation and Delivery team developing high quality solutions based on customer specifications. Additionally, there is an opportunity to have a huge impact on the future of university data architecture and processes.
Your main responsibilities include:
- Liaise with customers to design quality solutions that meet their requirements.
- Provide leadership in system design and development analysis.
- Develop complex solutions in a flexible work environment.
- Undertake testing and quality assurance processes to ensure the quality of implemented solutions.
- Provide problem diagnosis and resolution as needed.
You’ll bring graduate-level qualifications in software engineering, computer science, or industry experience and in-depth knowledge of data management and systems integration technologies, API design, and agile development methodologies. You will be passionate about the changing development landscape and learn new skills as needed. to meet project milestones.
You will have technical skills in some or all of the following areas
- Databases: Oracle, MSSQL, Snowflake
- ELT Tools: Boomi, SSIS
- Web APIs: SOAP, REST
- Third-party integrations: Aurion, Blackboard, TerminalFour, Technology One
The values of the University are integrity and collegiality. Alignment with these values, as well as the ability to actively contribute to the success of a team, are inherent requirements of the role.
Salary and benefits
Our staff benefit from flexible working arrangements, including hybrid work models, generous parental and carer leave provisions, wellness initiatives, employee assistance programs and learning opportunities professional.
This position is:
- Full-time, continuous (permanent)
- HEW Level 7. Base salary ranges from $96,088 to $104,376 per year, plus a 17% employer pension contribution. The total compensation can reach $122,119.
- Located in Coffs Harbour, Gold Coast or Lismore. The successful candidate can negotiate their preferred location. All regions offer the best of Australian coastal and regional lifestyle. Generous relocation support is available to the successful candidate should they relocate to one of these regions to begin in this role.
To learn more about working at SCU, visit Why work at SCU.
Candidates must apply online and provide answers to the selection criteria in the job description before the closing date. Information to help you prepare your application is available on our website. If you are having difficulty applying online or require reasonable adjustments at any time during the application or interview process, please let us know by contacting [email protected]
Job applicants must be Australian or New Zealand citizens, Australian permanent residents or currently hold a visa with permanent Australian work rights. Employer visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Additional information is available in the job description or by contacting:
Name: Tara Hawkins, Acting Head of Innovation and Delivery
Call: 0431 474 681
E-mail: [email protected]
Closing Date: 9:00 a.m. AEST, Friday, July 8, 2022
Southern Cross University is committed to diversity and social inclusion and aims to ensure equality in the recruitment of our staff. Applications are supported and encouraged by those who bring diversity to the University.
Together, we are transforming tomorrow.