Location: Campus Highfield
Salary: £31,406 to £38,587 Per year
Full time, permanent
Closing Date: Wednesday, April 13, 2022
Date of interview: be confirmed
About the role
what you gonna do
- Work within teams to implement new educational services, using both commercial solutions and custom-developed applications, to support the University’s educational mission.
- Maintain educational services throughout their life cycle.
- Study new technologies and make recommendations for the continuous improvement of systems and services.
What you will bring
- An enthusiasm for high quality software.
- Experience in software development programming and systems analysis.
- A proven ability to learn new technologies, programming languages and working methods.
- The ability to work within a highly technical team and collaborate effectively with other technical and non-technical staff.
We value equality and diversity and are one of the founding signatories of the Athena SWAN Charter. We have held an Athena SWAN Bronze Award since 2006, demonstrating our commitment to addressing equality issues to maximize the potential of all our employees.
Work-life balance is important to us and this is reflected in our generous maternity policy and childcare services; employees can also participate in the Childcare Voucher Scheme. Our staff may wish to have work patterns that match their care responsibilities, so we invite applications to take on this role on a part-time or flexible working basis. We also welcome candidates who have had career breaks for reasons such as maternity, paternity or adoption leave, disability or illness.
As part of our commitment to your well-being, we offer you professional pensions and generous holidays. Staff also have access to our state-of-the-art on-campus sports, arts and cultural facilities, a comprehensive events program and a number of University employee discount programs.
Further information on working at the University of Southampton can be found on our website: https://jobs.soton.ac.uk/display.aspx?id=1091
If you have any further questions about this role or would like to find out more about the Education Applications team, please contact Patrick McSweeney, Team Leader, at [email protected] or by telephone on 023 8059 8075.
Please note that when completing the application, we only require the last 5 years of your work history and the summary of your most recent relevant qualification. Interviews will be granted based on your responses to the “supporting statements”.
This position is offered on a permanent full-time basis.
You must submit your completed online application form to https://jobs.soton.ac.uk. The deadline for applications will be midnight on the closing date listed above. If you require assistance, please contact Michelle (HR Recruitment Team) on +44 (0) 23 8059 2750 or email [email protected] Please quote reference 1757922JF in all correspondence.