OpenStore is Keith Rabois’ Miami-based Series B startup valued at over $750 million just seven months after inception. OpenStore is reinventing the future of e-commerce. Today, we’re building the technology and the team to identify, value, acquire, and scale long-tail e-commerce brands. We envision a future where emerging e-commerce brands have access to instant cash for their businesses and where consumers have easy access to the best small brand products.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to focus on product engineering, where you will work closely with product, design and data science to imagine and develop new features.
As an entry-level engineer, you will play a vital role in shaping the direction and future of our company’s products. You will build the bones of our business and make decisions that will control the trajectory of the business. We will invest in your development and do everything we can to ensure that it is and always will be one of your best professional experiences. We believe this will be a defining career choice for all employees.
Who are you:
- You like to build and ship. You are passionate about creating an exceptional user experience and are attentive to detail.
- You are experienced. You have already done this. Your experience will help you avoid pitfalls and help not just you, but the whole company, move faster and build better.
- You thrive in fast-paced environments. At this stage, we are still learning. You’ll iterate with clients, designers, and product managers to focus on high-impact work.
- You are a good communicator. You’re a product-focused engineer who enjoys talking with people outside of engineering, learning what they do and why they do it.
- You take pride in your craftsmanship. Clean code and design helps you and your colleagues move quickly and confidently.
- You build with the customer in mind. You are empathetic to how the product makes users feel and how those users benefit from using this product.
What you will do:
- You ship the product. Within our team, you will evolve quickly. Building solid user experiences, hard-wiring real-time interactions, and offering bug fixes are all “part of the job.” You’ll write clean, efficient code and leave it better than you found it
- You will participate in every step. You will be involved in every step of the product development process with an open and curious team.
- You will be the owner. You will own your work end-to-end: from obtaining the specification to implementing it, deploying it and validating that it works.
- You will grow and improve. You will work with top notch people who all love to teach and learn. You will find yourself both teaching and learning, giving feedback and leading. Challenge your team as they challenge you. We all get better every day.
- You will shape the product strategy. You’ll own your own product, talk to customers who use it, and have a direct impact on how our company creates and produces experiences.
- You will be the owner. You will work with smart, egoless people with accountability and freedom to execute. We’ll give you the space and support to excel.
At OpenStore, we believe that to recruit great people, we need to create a great place to work. With this in mind, we have made sure to provide a fun and exciting environment that encourages creativity and allows for growth.
OpenStore is a proud equal opportunity employer where we welcome and celebrate differences. We are committed to providing a safe and inclusive workspace, where everyone feels supported, connected and inspired to do their best.
Employment is conditional on proof of full vaccination against the COVID-19 virus, including submission of documented proof thereof, by the start date. OpenStore will comply with applicable law regarding the reasonable accommodation of persons who are unvaccinated due to disability and/or genuine religious belief.