Our client, a mid-sized engineering company based in, [URL Removed] specializing in the design, development, integration, implementation and support of complex hardware and software systems is looking for an experienced person Software engineer.
The ideal candidate will be part of the team responsible for building the next generation workstation for intelligence production, analysis and collaboration. It is used by intelligence and law enforcement analysts around the world. It relies on access to all our data from a large-scale collection system. It’s there that you intervene.
- Create query services (and ETL needed) that provide data to the new workstation software.
- Automated accuracy and performance testing.
- Become a subject matter expert in the data we work with and in the field of intelligence analysis.
- Leverage industry-leading data warehouse technology to quickly deliver data to the front-end and compute various analyzes on the data.
- Collaborate with data providers to ensure your team gets the right data in the right way to serve the end user.
- API design. Collaborate with your team’s API consumers to ensure APIs meet their needs.
- Contribute to data architecture.
- Continuous integration in the dev lab.
- Contribute to micro-services architecture to ensure clean targeted interfaces.
- Free the services.
- Minimum: Bachelor’s degree in computer science or electronic engineering plus 3+ years of relevant previous experience
- Protocol buffers
- Vertica SQL and Analytics
- Elastic Search
- Python (Notebooks for Performance Testing)
- Open Tracing (Jaeger)
- Provide bulletproof software that performs steadily under load
- Always looking for opportunities to do more with data for the end user
- Collaborate to put all the pieces together
- Always learning
- Telecommunications in mobile and international networks.
- IP network and application behavior.
- Logic and query execution. Build and compose queries on different back-ends.
- Dimensional modeling
- Semantic versioning
- Only selected candidates will be contacted. If you don’t hear from us after 30 days, you can consider your application unsuccessful.
- Only South African citizens will be considered
- Please include your current salary and salary expectations.
Find out more/Apply to this position