DRW is a leading diversified technology-driven trading company. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a wide range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As markets have evolved over the past 25 years, DRW has evolved as well – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, crypto assets, and venture capital. With more than 1,000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and in offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and achieve meaningful results. It is a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
Like a Software engineer Within our Compliance Technology team, you’ll be part of a tight-knit team of software engineers working closely with our UK and US compliance officers to ensure our (incredibly important) regulatory requirements are met. You will experience emerging technologies to monitor trading behaviors and provide critical reports and analysis. You will fight against a mountain of data in information understandable by humans.
We care deeply about preserving a respectful and diverse team culture. We believe in choosing the right technology for the job, even if it means learning something new or reviving something old. We value business impact and results against the process and make decisions based on the data. We strive to adapt quickly to changing business priorities.
What you will do in this role:
- Help protect the business and enable the business to quickly seize new opportunities by developing scalable compliance solutions
- Develop algorithms that identify unusual trading patterns and derive the signal from the noise
- Perform real-time live trading tracking and monitoring
- Work closely with internal customers to understand their needs and create intuitive self-service tools
- Learn about global financial regulations and their application to the markets and business in which DRW participates
This might be a good solution if you:
- Enjoys contributing in many areas as a full-fledged generalist
- Think a lot about user experience and try to understand end user workflows and issues
- Think a lot about domain modeling
- Enjoy working closely with end users and have a strong customer service mindset
- Are excited to learn more about financial markets, trading, etc.
- How to analyze data
- Are curious to know more about the different trading models
What we need in the team:
- At least 5 years of experience in software development
- Strong fundamentals in computer science; a computer science degree or equivalent work experience
- Strong experience with Java, Python or any other modern programming language
- Experience in processing and extracting information from large-scale data
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Comfortable working in a team spread around the world
- Experience in some of the following areas a bonus:
- Functional programming
- Front-end development
- Financial markets
- Big Data Technologies
- BD Postgres
- ReactJS and his friends
- Cloud native deployments: Docker and Kubernetes
- Splunk, Prometheus, Grafana
- Kafka, Spark, Flink, Presto, Apache Airflow
- NumPy, Pandas
For more information about DRW’s processing activities and our use of candidate data, please see our privacy notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please see the California Privacy Notice for information on certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.