Title: Special Scientist (Software Engineer)
Number of positions: Two (2)
Category: Employment contract
Location: University of Cyprus, Nicosia, Cyprus
The University of Cyprus KIOS Center of Excellence for Research and Innovation (www.kios.ucy.ac.cy) is advertising two (2) positions for Special Scientists (Software Engineers), for full-time employment. Software engineering positions (Back-end, Front-end, QA – Testing, Mobile apps, DevOps, Security, IoT), will be offered to Ukrainian software engineers and developers regardless of their level of expertise. Successful applicants will analyze, design, implement, maintain and document software solutions under several European Union-funded KIOS CoE projects, including KIOS CoE Teaming Flagship Project, ERC Synergy Grant titled Water-Futures (https://waterfutures.eu ), as well as national or industry-funded projects.
Who we are:
The KIOS Center of Excellence in Research and Innovation is the largest research center of the University of Cyprus and in 2017 it was transformed into a European Research Center of Excellence through the KIOS CoE Teaming project. Currently, the Center employs over 170 people who are supported by externally funded research and innovation projects. KIOS CoE operates in a diverse environment as an equal opportunity employer.
What we do :
KIOS provides an inspiring environment to carry out high-level research and innovation in the field of information and communication technologies, with a focus on monitoring, control and security of critical infrastructures, including power and energy systems, water networks, transportation networks, telecommunications networks and emergencies. management and response. The Center encourages interdisciplinary interaction and promotes collaboration between industry, universities and research organizations in high-tech fields of global importance.
Why work at KIOS:
You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of large-scale projects with a significant impact on the community and the environment, not only locally but also on a global scale.
At KIOS, we strive to create a multicultural, diverse and inclusive workplace and we strongly support the continuous growth and development of staff, both personally and professionally, to achieve your long-term goals. We offer internal and external professional training, covering both technical and soft skills, tailored to your needs and those of the Centre.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Successful candidates will be responsible for performing one or more of the duties and responsibilities below:
- Assist and work on the design, development, modification, debugging, testing and maintenance of software solutions according to functional and non-functional software requirements
- Build rapid prototypes and work on fast-paced projects
- Follow software engineering standards, software development methodologies, and release processes, to ensure code is maintainable and scalable
- Acquire software requirements, prepare project reports, project deliverables and demonstrate software products to stakeholders
- Work as part of a team, collaborate and add value by participating in peer code reviews
- Design and execute QA methodologies and validation strategies by analyzing technical requirements to identify testing requirements and ensuring software meets specifications
- Ensure compliance with security concepts and frameworks such as ISO 27001, EU security regulations, black box testing and white box testing
- Work with server-related backend development including: Apache, Nginx, Microsoft, AWS, Linux
- Work with multiple frameworks/libraries including: .Net, Laravel, Django, Flask, Node.JS, ReactJS, AngularJS, JQuery, Bootstrap and others
- Work with APIs such as: RESTful API, SOAP and others
- Work with containerization like Docker
Profile of the ideal candidate:
- creative thinker
- Attention to detail
- A problem solver
- Team spirit
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Flexible and eager to learn
- Able to adapt in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Good communication, organizational and self-management skills
- Good knowledge of the English language
Qualifications and experience:
Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or other relevant field from an accredited institution.
Conditions of employment:
The position is on a contractual basis. Initially, a one-year contract will be offered, renewable based on performance. The gross monthly salary depends on the qualifications and experience of the candidate and will be between €1750 and €2500. From this amount, employee contributions to Cypriot government funds will be deducted. 13e the salary bonus is incorporated into the monthly salary. Maternity leave will be granted on the basis of the Social Insurance Laws from 1980 to 2012.
Interested applicants should submit the following online via the link: https://applications.ucy.ac.cy/recruitment
- Cover letter explaining the candidate’s interest in pursuing a career at KIOS CoE, as well as date of job availability
- Short summary of previous work experiences, activities and achievements (can be combined with cover letter) (2 pages maximum)
- Copies of transcripts from BSc/MSc or other degrees
- A detailed curriculum vitae in English or Greek
- The name and contact details of at least two references, who can provide reference letters upon request.
The University of Cyprus collects and processes your personal data in accordance with the provisions of the General Personal Data Regulation 2016/679 (EU).
Applications should be submitted as soon as possible, but no later than Thursday 30e June 2022, at 5 p.m. Evaluation of applications will begin immediately upon receipt. Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by the KIOS CoE.
For more information, please contact the KIOS Center of Excellence, by phone at +357 22893460 or by email at [email protected]