cam_pine – stock.adobe.com
As organizations have gone into survival mode to deal with lockdowns and tough business conditions brought about by the Covid-19 pandemic, it has been a boom time for software development. From integrating failing business processes to improving the robustness of online services, organizations have stepped up their digitization initiatives as part of their disaster recovery plans. Many have gone much further by using software to offer entirely new categories of products and services.
Here are Computer Weekly’s top 10 software development stories for 2021:
1. The emerging role of software in business development
Business leaders generally recognize the importance of software as a business enabler, but some see technology as a driver of business growth.
2. Volvo: our software friends
We talk to Volvo’s software platform manager about the company’s strategy for building a software-defined car.
3. 2022 IT Priorities: Software Development
As organizations rebuild after the Covid-19 pandemic, strategic software projects will help them become more efficient.
4. How containerization helps VW develop automotive software
Volkswagen’s R&D center is working with Red Hat to use containerization to improve how it develops and tests software for car control systems.
5. Cloud & DevOps: A guide to becoming a software-centric organization
Businesses invest time and effort in creating digital services. How can companies transform their software development teams to deliver software efficiently and reliably?
6. Executive Interview: Lee Porte, President, Cloud Foundry Foundation TOC
Cloud Foundry wants more code contributions from the non-IT industry, and its Technical Oversight Board has a new chair who wants to strengthen user focus.
7. How Axa advances digitization
Digital transformation is not a one-time project – it is an ongoing, evolving process that requires a mindset shift in IT management.
8. How Bet365 Dealed With Apple’s iOS App Store Policy Changes
Apps on the iOS App Store should look more like Apple, with a common user experience. We find out how Bet365 achieved app portability.
9. Executive Interview: Chris McShane, MD, Halfords Mobile Experts
Bike and car retailer Halfords has developed its own service management software, which it is now bringing to market.
10. How software development will change in 2022
Businesses need a pipeline of software features that must be delivered quickly and reliably without overstretching software teams.
Learn more about software development tools